If you require technical support, please send an email message to email@example.com. Your feedback is an important source for our product development, so feel free to get in touch. Although we try to answer all queries within 24 hours of receipt, we cannot guarantee this. However, if you haven't heard back from us within 4 business days, please resubmit your query; it might have gone missing or eaten by our anti-spam filter.
- Relevant Subject line - subjects that look like spam are thrown away immediately
- Attachments < 500 KB - place larger files on an FTP server, web server, or cloud-based storage and send a download link
- No executable attachments - they are bounced by our mail server. If necessary, wrap your files in a .zip or .rar archive
Self-help technical support
Before sending an email, please check the following resources:
- Diagnostic message help - Click on the in front of a diagnostic message for an explanation
- Context-sensitive help - Hit the F1 button at any time to get context-sensitive help
- Knowledge Base - In-depth information about InstallMate
Defect reporting (bugs)
If you think that you have found a problem with InstallMate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To streamline the resolution of your problem, it helps if you provide us with the following information:
Synopsis - A short summary of the problem you are experiencing.
Details - Describe how we can reproduce the problem. This is very important; if we cannot reproduce the problem, we cannot solve it either.
Version - The versions of InstallMate and Windows that you are using; use Help > About InstallMate to get all the details.
Example - If possible, include an .im9 project file that illustrates the problem. Please note the Email requirements above.
If you have a suggestion for a new feature, send an email message to email@example.com. While we cannot promise to honor all requests, we will do our best to accommodate you either by incorporating the feature, or by suggesting a workaround. Please include the following information with your request:
Synopsis - A short summary of the feature you would like to see added.
Details - Describe what the feature should do and where it fits in InstallMate.
Version - The InstallMate version you are using; see Help > About InstallMate.
Rationale - If possible, provide us with the reasons why you think this feature is important. This helps us to prioritize the requests that we receive.