Allows the extension DLL to initialize its customer registration information. Before this message is sent, InstallMate has already initialized the various fields as follows:
- The initial (build-time) values of the UserField1, UserField2, and UserField3 variables are resolved and stored in a TixRegistrationInfo record.
- For those fields configured on the User interface project page, their values are read from the registry. If a field does not appear in the registry, its initial value is retained.
- The TIXMSG_INIT_REGISTRATION is sent to the extension DLL.
- The values of the UserField1, UserField2, and UserField3 variables are updated from the TixRegistrationInfo record sent to the extension DLL.
This message is sent by the LoadCustomerInfo standard action; its scheduling depends on the action sequences used by the installer.
- Pointer to TixRegistrationInfo record with the fields set as documented above.
If this message is handled, pMessage->lResult must be set to one of the following result codes:
- TIXRET_SUCCESS = Initialization complete
- TIXRET_NOREGISTRATION = No registration is required. Use this result code to dynamically suppress the customer registration wizard page and further registration handling, for example if the TIXMSG_INIT_REGISTRATION handler detected a prior registration and does not need to query the customer again. If your handler returns this result, all customer registration actions, including TIXMSG_CHECK_REGISTRATION and TIXMSG_APPLY_REGISTRATION, are suppressed for the remainder of the session.
- One of the TIXRET_xxx error codes