Select Installation Platforms
The Select Installation Platforms dialog box appears in a number of situations where you need to select one or more Windows platforms, in particular for components and packages. It allows you to specify the desired subset.
- For components, this determines if the component will be installed on the platform and is tested at installation time.
- For packages, this determines which components will be included: only components that have a non-empty intersection of their platforms with the package's platforms are included in the installer (and are then subject to further platform checks during installation).
- This selection is independent of the target systems requirements check on the Requirements page; that check takes place prior to installation. The Select Installation Platforms selection determines which installation objects are included in the installer or which are installed on a given platform, depending on the context.
- The check boxes have an indeterminate state that indicates one or more of the following:
- Multiple underlying objects are selected and differ in their platform selections; or
- The platform settings is a "don't care" option that is not propagated to the underlying objects.
Dialog fields and options
This dialog box contains the following fields and options.
Windows 2008 R2
Windows 2012 R2
Check the corresponding 32-bit, x64 and IA64 boxes as appropriate to include the corresponding Windows version and target CPU, or clear them to omit that version.
Note: The processor choice refers to the Windows edition that is installed on the target system, not to processor per se. For example, if a 32-bit Windows version is installed on a system with an x64 processor, the installer will regard this as a 32-bit system.
|Toggle all||Click this button to toggle all boxes in the corresponding column (32-bit, x64 and IA64) on or off. This makes it easier to select or deselect all 32-bit or 64-bit platforms.|
|Select all||Click this button to check all boxes.|
|Clear all||Click this button the clear all boxes.|